Okay. So the other day I'm browsing Ebay. Just looking. Researching. A vintage Telefunken ELAM 251 E appears. Price tag: $19,999.00. Now I will admit: It does look vintage, antique, more than a little rough around the edges. The thought occurs to me to "beat up" our Lawson L251FET and Lawson L251. I guarantee our Lawson L251 mics sound as good as, if not better than, this $20K mic on Ebay. Hmmm. I wonder. What do you think?
The L251FET is airy, breathy, luscious, mouth-watering . . . all the benefits of a vintage sounding mic without any of the hassle. Best of all--it's price tag won't gag or choke you. So how 'bout we leave the price alone and let you put the microphone through a beatin'?
If you prefer a vacuum tube version, check out the L251.
- Lawson L251 Quick Change™ Capsule
- Cardioid Only (capsule may be used on Lawson Vacuum Tube Electronics with full multi-pattern functionality)
- Lawson FET Electronics
- Solid Brass Construction
- Lundahl Transformer
- -10/-20 dB Pad
- Selectable Flat/Low Frequency Roll-off
- Gold-plated XLR Connector
- Five-Year Warranty
- Made with pride in the USA